Dubak Electrical Group is looking to hire traveling Assistant Electrical Project Managers! Must have 1-2years project administrative experience on fast paced construction projects, ability to work under pressure, proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially in Word, Excel), knowledge of and experience in the industrial electrical construction field, excellent communication and writing skills, and experience with construction accounting/project cost tracking data collection. This position directly assists traveling project managers with commercial matters, proposal development, project contractual issues, change order logging, as well as materials & logistics communication between project management and project support departments.
Basic working knowledge of architectural, mechanical or electrical discipline. Good analytical skills and the ability to effectively use a variety of estimating, scheduling and financial reporting software tools. The ability to effectively communicate with management, subcontractors, customers and peer group. Responsibilities include the following, as well as other support duties that may be assigned:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in Scheduling-Creating and monitoring project schedules, communicating updates with PM's so they can advise clients, staff, and others including subcontractors.
- Assist in creation, update and maintain a variety of project controls that track the status of: individual projects or task orders, changes to projects or task orders, RFI, shop drawings and submittal, matters involving quality controls, support financial reporting, close-out and other aspects of the project(s) or task order(s). Analyze reports and communicate on priorities that prevent delays to critical activities within the project.
- Work with internal and external subject matter experts to create, review and process shop drawings and other submittals that are required to document the construction process.
- Manage or support the change management process, by updating logs, routing source documents to vendors, obtaining pricing, developing estimates and proposals, writing change orders and other related activities.
- Assist in communicating project schedules utilizing contemporary scheduling software MS Project.
- Support the process of negotiating contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and assist in facilitating solutions.
- Provide timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as Preconstruction, accounting, HR, etc.
- Participate in managing activities that are related to project closeout to ensure timely completion.
- Participate in life-long learning opportunities and professional development.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and industry networking functions.
- Assisting in Client Relationship Management-Keeping all internal stakeholders informed of important jobsite info or progress.
- Assisting in Client , and documenting Billing-Monitors the progress and changes of project financials.
- Assisting in Client Job Planning- working with pre-construction to ensure that Dubak Processes are followed.
- Tracking / Monitoring / Analyzing Project Data- Working with engineering and other departments providing accurate documentation and progress reporting.
- Administrative Duties- Working with Project Files, Field Project Manuals, Submittals, RFI's, Subcontracts and Safety throughout all business units.
- Printing, Plotting, and File Assistance in assembling project file packages for Bid or Issue For Construction.
- Training Onsite Personnel-Implementing procedures on the jobsite and training appropriate staff in project management practices.
- Assisting in Analyzing documentation in preparing the proposals with clients and vendors.
- Write letters and send them to appropriate bodies, and receive incoming mails.
- Keep records of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management.
- Supports the Project Manager & Preconstruction group in creating and administering project execution plans and revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Supports the Project Manager on day-to-day operational aspects of the project and scope including project monitoring and controls during the project lifecycle.
- Ensures that all project-related documents are appropriately filed, record logs kept up to date and are made accessible to project teams.
- Collects and analyzes key project data on a weekly basis and coordinates with the Project Manager & Preconstruction Group on the required reporting thereof.
- Attends project meetings, produces and circulates agendas and meeting minutes.
- Assists (only when Authorized by Primary Report), the Project Manager in tracking and updating the project budgets and invoicing.
- Assists in proposal efforts including consultant coordination, technical research, and documentation, formatting and proofreading.
- Maintains effective communication between project team members and key stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes and standards and their impact on project activities.
- Working knowledge of industrial construction, finance, and project cost tracking management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize performance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; good computer skills including MS Project, Word and Excel.
- Good technical writing skills are required specifically noting project cost reports, proposals, RFI’s, Project Memos, quotations, and explanatory documentation for recorded budgets.
- Experience in complete Industrial Electrical and HVAC/R Job Costing and Tracking.
- Ability to coordinate tracking finances for multiple projects, utilizing data from multiple resources.
- Ability to utilize project proposals, estimates, reports, and contracts as a management tool.
- Ability to learn, and desire to learn and participate in continuing education through intercompany training, seminar, and select university resource training as directed, provided, and requested by the company, at the company’s expense.
- Ability to lead and perform meaningful value engineering analysis with project managers and executive managers.
- Self-starter/self leadership to complete tasks within time constraints (time management)
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Highly Competative Compensation, Medical Insurance Dental Insurance Vision Insurance 401K Life Insurance
To Apply Email Resumes: firstname.lastname@example.org